Friday, January 11, 2013

Amazing Healthy Discoveries

In my efforts to lose weight I have been experimenting in the kitchen...a lot....and you wont believe what I've found!

1.  You can turn bananas into ice cream!

Fake Healthy Ice Cream

4 bananas (sliced and frozen)
2 Tbsp Peanut Butter (chunky or creamy)
2 Tbsp Cocao Powder

Put the bananas in a blender or food processor.  Use the ice chopping setting and blend and blend and blend.  You will likely have to stop and scrape the sides a few times.  Keep going and if you are patient it will turn into a creamy consistency.  Stir in the other ingrediants.  Voila!  Seriously I loved this so much.


2.  Peanut Butter Energy Balls

Got this recipe off pinterest.  I'll post the real recipe and then my modifications.

1 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup flaxseed meal
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I only used 1/3 and they were mini - choc. flavor gets more spread out)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey ( I used 2 Tbsp.)

Stir in bowl.  Press into balls.  Store in fridge.  SOOOOOO GOOOOOD!  They are only 50 calories each depending on how big you make them.  My problem is stopping after 1 or 2.


3.  Energy Breakfast Smoothie

1 pkg Carnation Instant Breakfast Mix
2 cups almond milk
1 frozen banana
10 almonds dry roasted with sea salt
6 ice cubes

Blend.  Drink.  Enjoy.  This makes enough for two people.  I was seriously not hungry all day.  And it was yummy.  Almond milk is great for smoothies - who knew?

Yeehaw!
Shannon


No comments:

Post a Comment